The project was initiated on the direction of the Government of Pakistan to uplift the less developed areas of Pakistan and was included in the Accelerated Development of Backward Areas of Balochistan (Phase-I).
Detail of Scholarships
|District||No. Scholarships/Batch||Total No. Scholarships|
Coastal Region Higher Education Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Balochistan-Batch-II
- Please read carefully the advertisement, Eligibility Criteria, Terms & Conditions, and FAQs before filling out the application form.
- A tutorial video is also available on the page for your guidance.
- Applicant must have the domicile/local certificate of the Gwadar, Lasbela/Hub, Kech (Turbat) or Awaran District of Balochistan.
- Applicant must have completed 12 years of education with at least 50% marks in Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and also in Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or equivalent.
- Applicant must have completed both Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or Equivalent from college/institute located in any of the defined districts of Balochistan i.e. Gwadar, Lasbela/Hub, Kech (Turbat) and Awaran.
- Students already enrolled in any BS program prior to the advertisement maximum one academic year/ session may also apply.
- Maximum age is 22 years as on closing date.
- Applicants will have to meet HEC and university criteria for admission in BS program.
- Applicants who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Result awaiting students are not eligible to apply
- Scholarships will be awarded on Merit and District Quota basis as per PC-I.
- Applicants must secure at least 50% marks in the test conducted by HEC.
- Applicants will be short-listed based on Aptitude Test score (conducted by HEC) and Academic Credentials as per following weightage/Formula: (SSC 10%, HSSC 40% & Scholarship Aptitude Test 50%)
- Merit List of scholarship will be prepared based on online information/data provided by the applicants, and in case of any misrepresentation/error/omission, the scholarship shall be cancelled at any stage.
- Applications/particulars of shortlisted candidates would be scrutinized in the light of the defined eligibility criteria.
- Scholarships shall be awarded to the students studying/seeking admission for the BS (4 to 5 years) studies in HEC recognized public and private sector Universities/Degree Awarding Institutions of Pakistan in all disciplines of study including the professional management and accounting certification by ICAP and ICMA (equivalent to 16 years of education by HEC)
- The selected applicants shall secure admissions by themselves in the defined program of study in Pakistan.
- The scholar shall sign an agreement/undertaking before availing the scholarship. The terms and conditions laid down in the agreement/undertaking and award letter shall be the binding for both the parties. The scholar shall also provide a guarantee/surety to fulfil his/her obligations defined in the agreement/undertaking.
- Final award letters shall be issued after securing the admission and the completion of all required formalities including the legal documents.
- Tuition Fee and other charges (including Hostel Fee) up to Rs. 240,000 per year or as per actual whichever is less.
- Living Allowance of Rs.15,000 per month.
- Book and Travelling Allowance of Rs. 30,000 per year.
- Scholars shall be paid maximum Rs. 5000/month or at actual whichever is less, where hostel is not available at the University from the Head University charges.
- Maximum one scholars of every batch would be financed each in LUMS and IBA Karachi (total 2)
- Stipend shall be paid to the already enrolled applicants from the closing date of application and the tuition fee from the start of the session.
- Applicants are required to submit application online through HEC web portal on the below link.
- Hard copies of applications and any other documents are not required at this stage.
- The applicants must deposit Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as application processing fee in Habib Bank Limited, Account Number: 1742 7900 1334 01, Title of Account: Higher Education Commission, Branch Code: 1742.
- The original bank payment record/slip must be uploaded with an online application, and it should be kept safe by the applicant to present it at test center (No one will be allowed to sit in the test without producing original bank deposit slip).
- The applicant must upload the picture and required documents while filling the application form.
- The applicant must submit the online application after completing the application form. Saved and Incomplete applications in any respect will not be considered.
- HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
LAST DATE: 30-11-2023