BASED SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
This scholarship scheme is to provide an opportunity to needy students from underprivileged areas of the country enabling them as pride and proud engineers with desired competence and skills in public sector leading HEIs as per the need of industry to play due role in socio-economic development in society.
Under this scheme, 500 scholarships will be awarded in a cycle of 4 years (125 per year) to the students of domicile from under-privileged areas, particularly in the order of preference of Baluchistan, Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Tribal areas, including KP, Sindh and Punjab. The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 100,000/- per year to cover partially the tuition fee, living expenses and books etc. The respective HEI, where student has secured admission in Fall-2020, may also extend additional support to their selected students (financial or in-kind) as partner to PEC initiative.
The student must have:
- Secured admission in PEC accredited/approved undergraduate engineering programs (enlisted on PEC website https://www.pec.org.pk) of public sector Universities/ Institutions in Fall-2020
- Domicile of under-privileged areas of Balochistan, Gilgit Baltistan, Azad Jamu & Kashmir, Tribal areas, including KP, Sindh and Punjab
- Family income less than or equal to PKR. 50,000/- per month and is not availing any other scholarship.
How to Apply
- The eligible students may apply on scholarship application form download below or from www.pec.org.pk/scholarship.aspx duly completed in all respects and submit through the respective university at Secretary/Registrar, Ataturk Avenue (East), G-5/2, PEC Head Office, Islamabad.
- The deadline for submission of application is 30, November 2020.
- The scrutiny & assessment will be carried out by PEC Scholarship Committee in consultation with the respective HEIs for the award of scholarship as per the approved criteria.