The Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls funds graduate studies for Pakistani women in any HEC recognized university across Pakistan. Funded by the Scottish Government, these grants aim to make higher education more accessible to women, supporting them in achieving their potential and ambition.
Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls is being offered at undergraduate level for a four-year’s bachelor’s degree as well.
British Council will administer the scheme in Pakistan and coordinate with selected scholars and universities either directly or through nominated university focal persons.
For a complete scholarship application, the following documents must be submitted along with a duly
filled out application form:
- Copy of CNIC/ Form B (Applicant)
- Copy of CNIC/ Form B (Parent/Guardian)
- Salary slips of Parent/Guardian (You may also choose to submit a pension slip or any proof of parent’s/guardian’s employment status)
- Copy of certificate or result sheet of most recently completed educational degree
- Copy of letter of confirmation of admission from a university/college
- Copy of tuition fee schedule for the programme you are pursuing. (If you need to utilize
- hostel facilities, please be sure to present a fee schedule for the hostel costs as well).
Scotland Pakistan Scholarships for Young Women and Girls Scheme will facilitate award-holders with the following:
- Tuition fees for courses in eligible fields
- University hostel costs (where applicable)
- Travel to and from home to university two times a year for students staying in on-campus hostels
The scholarship will cover a four-year bachelor’s degree at an HEC-recognised Pakistani public university in one of the following subject areas only:
- Health Sciences
- Food security and agricultural
- STEM Engineering
- Sustainable Energy
If you have completed your 12 years of education and are now looking to apply for a bachelor’s
program, this scholarship is for you. If you fulfil the following criteria, then you are eligible to apply for
the Scotland Pakistan Scholarship:
- You are a Pakistani woman, currently residing in Pakistan
- The bachelor’s degree you want to pursue is no longer than 4 years (i.e., the program you
- are applying for can be no longer than 4 years. If the programme is longer than 4 years,
- then you are not eligible for the scholarship)
- You have a confirmed offer/admission from an HEC recognized public university. (i.e., you
- must have applied for a bachelor’s degree and received an offer from a university,
- admitting you to a programme in their institution)
- You are enrolled in any of university in one of the following subject areas only:
- Education, Sustainable Energy, Food Security and Agriculture or Health Sciences
In addition, applicants must:
- Be Pakistani nationals currently residing in Pakistan
- Be pursuing a four-year bachelor’s degree in the above listed subject areas
- Hold a confirmed admission offer from an HEC recognised university in Pakistan
Young women with disabilities, from rural areas and/or minority groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Last date to submit the application is 20th October 2022. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted or considered.
Click here to view some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Scotland Pakistan Scholarship Scheme.
For further information or queries, please write to us at [email protected] or call our toll free number 0800-22000 Development Programme for Faculty of Public Sector Colleges in Punjab